Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

I grew up thinking I didn't like sweet potatoes. It wasn't until I had them while at a friend's for Thanksgiving 12 years ago that I realized I had been missing out all those years! Sweet potato fries have become a staple in our house. They are so delicious and full of vitamins and nutrients. I will often make a batch to keep in the fridge for snacking. They are great cold and with their natural sweetness, will even satisfy a "sweet" craving.

Here is my simple recipe:

Sweet Potato Fries


Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2 large sweet potatoes (or yams)
sea salt
pepper
paprika
cinnamon





Peel the sweet potatoes












Cut them into fries and drizzle them with about 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss.










Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and cinnamon, to taste.











Arrange them on a baking sheet so that all fries are touching the pan.











Bake them at 425 for 15 minutes. Flip them over and bake another 15 minutes or until desired level of crispness is achieved.  (they will not get as crisp as a deep fried potato, obviously!)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment