Friday, November 4, 2011

Health is so much more than the food we eat and exercise. One aspect of health that many people don't consider is in the products we use around the house for cleaning or personal care. I have made a point to rid my home of as many chemical cleaners as possible. I started small, replacing my glass cleaner with a squirt bottle of club soda. It does a great job removing smudges from glass and mirrors and the bonus is-the kids can help clean, and even beg for their turn to spray. I use vinegar and water (50/50) to clean my tile floors. Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial so I feel confident that I am cleaning the germs without harsh chemicals. It also kills 82% of molds and 80% of viruses! Costco sells a huge bottle of vinegar for about $5, or it can be found at your local grocery store as well. Speaking of Costco, I have been getting my dishwashing detergent there for some time. I decided that when I was out, I was going to make my own. I did some research and found a super simple recipe. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and have no complaints. Good for the environment, your health and your budget!


Dishwashing Detergent
1 cup Borax
1 cup Baking Soda
several drops essential oil of your choice ( I used tangerine)

Mix all ingredients in a resealable container. Use 2 tablespoons per load and fill your rinse aid dispenser with straight vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment