Sunday, July 10, 2011

Coconut Tarts with Fresh Strawberries

My kids have been begging me for dessert every night. They ate a good, healthy meal tonight so I decided to make something special. I had some shredded coconut in the fridge and decided to make something with it. The end result was fabulous and everyone enjoyed their special treat!

Coconut Tarts: (makes about 8)
2 egg whites
2 cups shredded coconut
Mini chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350.
Beat the egg whites and then add the coconut.
Spray a muffin tin and press the coconut mixture into the cups. At this point you can sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on each one.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

We topped ours with a sliced strawberry and the kids requested a dollop of whipped cream on theirs.

This was such an easy and yummy dessert for a hot summer night!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Beth. I just subscribed...can't wait to get updates. Great seeing you last week! ~Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like somthing my girls would love! I am definitely going try that. Thanks Beth.

    ReplyDelete