Thursday, July 7, 2011

Do you know what is in your lemon juice?

I have found that many recipes I have been cooking lately have called for fresh squeezed lemon juice. As I don't always have fresh lemons on hand, I had to come up with an alternative to the store bought lemon juice that contains all sorts of stuff other than lemons (check out the bottle if you have one in your fridge). Trader Joe's sells a big bag of lemons or limes pretty inexpensively. I use my juicer to get all the juice out and freeze it in ice cube trays. When it is frozen solid, I pop them out and store them in the freezer in a ziploc bag. When you need some juice, take out a cube and defrost it-easy! I have even grated the rind of limes and frozen it for the recipes that call for lime zest. Next time a thoughtful neighbor brings by more citrus than you know what to do with-juice and freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment